Monday, March 18, 2013

Final Project Ideas

For the final project I want to tie this class in to something that is really important to me which is the issue of body image.  While we were working on the midterm project I had mentioned to Jess that I wanted to somehow incorporate the texts we've learned this semester into the topic and rising issue of body image and how it is affecting our teenagers today.  As I've posted on my blog before (I think I've posted it for this class, maybe I'm confusing it with last semester) my sister has been battling an eating disorder for the past seven years so I see first hand every day what type of influence society and the media can have on a person's self image

of course it stem's from much more than just the media but my focus for the project would be the media's influence

I feel the issue is something I know a lot about & is something I have a lot of interest in--I don't think I would want to focus on just negative body image though because I think the media also influences teen to have a positive body image when presented in the right way.

I would definitely want to work in a group--I love having other people to bounce ideas off of and see things through another set of eyes.



3 comments:

  1. I'm really intrigued by your final project idea. I know how much good body image mean to you and I know how important it is to have a "good looking" body in the eyes of society so many teenagers are stuck in the middle of a rock and a hard place. It really is a hard subject for so many people because it impacts so many lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!! I love your idea, I definitely struggled with my body when I was younger. You actually sparked an interest for me. I cant wait to see everything put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea as well. I think alot of men and women struggle with this. i cant wait to see what yall come up with!

    ReplyDelete